Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dusk, Dusk, and more Dusk


If you know my paintings you know that I am obsessed with the end of the day.  Se call it the magic hour.  I'm not sure what it is.  The light coming in and illuminating things transforming ordinary mundane objects into charged living globs of light on the surface of the universe.  It is amazing and it never gets old to look at objects back lit or bathed in light. 
Here are images from the back yard.  

Beyond the trees is the ocean.  I have seen this scene so many times that I can become accustomed to the beauty of it but it never happens.  I am always amazed. 



Below are a few dusk paintings


Sun set
12x24
Oil on panel


Olana at dusk study
8 x14
Oil on panel


Harmony in Brown and Ocher
48 x 36
Oil on panel





No comments:

Post a Comment